Marcia has a lot to say about retirement. She’s frequently invited to write articles about all kinds of retirement topics, Social Security, and Medicare. And, she’s an entertaining guest when talking about retirement or retirement income on podcasts and radio shows.
Lively Conversations on Podcasts
Podcasters are asking Marcia all kinds of retirement questions. Everything from “Is Social Security going to be there for me?” and “Is retirement really different for women?” to “How on earth did you get into this business?”
Enjoy the variety of conversations in Marcia’s Podcast library.
Radio Shows Still Fun
- Apr 20, 2020: The James Beach Show in San Francisco –– Grace Under Pressure Lisa Wen Retirement Consultant Marcia Mantell, SFS Radio by jamesbeach
- Mar 24, 2020: Bob Brooks—Prudent Money Radio Show from Dallas— Bob interviews Marcia Mantell about Social Security for Women.
- Plan for Life Podcast with Annalee Kruger –– Planning Your Retirement is NOT a Weekend Project
- WBZ Radio: One of Boston’s top radio stations: Listen to the radio interview with Tina Gao.
- WATD Radio: Need sound retirement advice? Patti Abbate and Tom Foye invite you to listen to our conversation with Marcia Mantell.
- Facebook Live: RealFamilyFinance.com on What’s the Deal with Social Security For Women? Hosted by Linda Hannon
HerMoney with Jean Chatzky
- May 7, 2020: Tempted to file early for social security? Don’t do it before considering these six things by Marcia Mantell
- Aug 21, 2020: What you don’t know about social security can cost you — a Ton featuring Marcia Mantell by Kathryn Tuggle
Sharing Her Perspective in Print
Marcia loves writing everything about retirement. She is passionate about Social Security—and helping people make smart decisions about this important income source. She’s equally passionate about helping near-retirees organize their financial house before retiring. And, wants to help more Financial Advisors understand baby boomers and how they think about retirement.
Read her series of articles published in Life & Health Advisor Magazine and her consumer articles in Retirement Daily on The Street and HerMoney blog.
Life & Health Advisor Magazine – Guest Columns
- Nov 2020: Integrating Social Security and Medicare for Early Retirees
- Aug 2020: Celebrating 100 Years of the 19th Amendment & 85 Years of Social Security
- Jul 2020: Missing Out on Higher Social Security Benefits
- May 2020: Social Security Decisions in the COVID-19 Era
- Mar 2020: Walking Down Wall Street In A Woman’s Shoes
- Feb 2020: Women & Social Security, 5 Common, and Avoidable, Missteps
- Oct 2019: Women, Planning and The Reality of Longevity: Are Social Security’s rules, and the benefits, really different for women?
- Sep 2019: Finding Hidden Potential with Middle Market Pre-Retirees
- May 2019: Making Contact, And Making Sense, With The LGBTQ Community: How do traditionally trained advisors connect with a market that has been wholly under-served?
- Feb 2019: Young Advisor and Baby Boomers – Like Oil and Water?
- Dec 2018: Social Security Restricted Application – Still Alive and Well in 2019
- Nov 2018: Advising High Net Worth Clients… and Their Social Security
- Oct 2018: Will Social Security Really Be There for Your Clients’ Retirement Income?
- Sept 2018: Using Social Security Statements as a Decision-Making Tool
- Aug 2018: Social Security: The Foundation For Retirement Income
Articles Written for Retirement Daily on The Street
- Feb 17, 2021: Congratulations, You’ve Retired! Now What?
- Dec 30, 2020: 10 Financial Tips for Wrapping Up 2020 (with video interview)
- Nov 21, 2020: Thankful and Grateful for Local Small Businesses
- Nov 17, 2020: 8 Months of COVID – 8 Insights into Retirement
- Sept 22, 2020: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Your Social Security Benefits: A Heartfelt Thank You (with video interview)
- Sept 15, 2020: Councils on Aging (COAs) Adapt in the Age of COVID-19
- Jul 28, 2020: Happy Birthday! Social Security Turns 85 (with video interview)
- Jul 20, 2020: 4 Reasons to Save Outside of Your 401(k) or 403(b) (with video interview)
- Jun 29, 2020: The Mom Gap Can Lower Your Social Security Benefit (with video interview)
- May 22, 2020: Social Security Is Not Going Bankrupt
- Jan 7, 2020: Is Social Security Really Different for Women?
- Apr 10, 2019: Ask Bob Social Security and Restricted Applications
- Feb 2019: Social Security Benefits when Spouses are Decades Apart
- Jan 2, 2019: 10 Financial Tasks Baby Boomers Should Automate in the New Year