About Mantell Retirement Consulting, Inc.
Launched in 2005, Mantell Retirement Consulting, Inc. is a retirement business development, marketing and communications, and training company supporting the financial services industry.
Leveraging extensive knowledge of retirement opportunities, trends, issues, and the challenges facing advisors and consumers, Mantell Retirement Consulting partners with U.S. and Canadian financial institutions to build their retirement business strategies and capabilities for growth across the retirement spectrum.
Mantell Retirement Consulting offers a full range of strategic retirement business development and marketing communications services. The goal when working together is to achieve significant retirement business growth such as:
- Achieving retirement business growth in an increasingly competitive and complex marketplace.
- Retaining and building a more loyal client base.
- Winning a larger share of wallet from clients and prospects across the retirement spectrum and between the generations.
- Attracting financial advisors who value robust, effective marketing support and training programs.
Ideally, Mantell Retirement Consulting and clients work together to drive the firm’s retirement initiatives end-to-end in the value chain to achieve their retirement business goals by:
- Working collaboratively to define or refine retirement business goals and strategies for success.
- Offering a wide range of creative solutions that are proven to deliver increased revenue.
- Delivering customized retirement business plans, content, programs, and packages within the desired time frame and budget, and in a form that works for the client’s design team or agency.
Tailoring programs and materials to meet the client’s specific business needs and those of their financial advisors and their clients is at the heart of success. With Mantell Retirement Consulting, clients rely on a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves contributor and partner who:
- Identifies new, innovative approaches to retirement opportunities.
- Provides tailored, creative, cost-efficient solutions to opportunities and challenges.
- Integrates ‘from-the-field’ experiences and retirement expertise to deliver top-notch, highly effective programs and materials.
Meet Marcia Mantell
For nearly 30 years, Marcia Mantell has helped the country’s foremost financial services firms and advisors increase their knowledge of complex retirement concepts and regulations, then turn the technical into the tangible. Her remarkable ability to translate challenging retirement concepts into everyday language educates and motivates real people to take the right steps to achieve the retirement they desire.
Through her small business, Mantell Retirement Consulting, Inc., (est. 2005) Marcia develops innovative retirement income planning workshops and programs, fun and engaging retirement education programs and seminars, and writes extensively as a guest columnist and content creator and curator. She is considered a retirement industry go-to-person for Social Security and Medicare expert-level information.
To build successful programs and materials, Marcia digs into the details. She has spent the past three decades:
- Talking to thousands of Baby Boomers getting an inside look at how they are redefining retirement.
- Pouring through the code and regs that define the Social Security Act and Medicare, along with the countless versions of law changes affecting RMDs, Rollovers, and retirement accounts.
- Spending countless hours analyzing the answers behind Social Security estimates and Medicare costs.
Marcia is an engaging presenter at standing room only events where consumers are looking for “magic answers” to retirement questions that keep them up at night:
- Will I really have enough money to last through my retirement?
- Should I claim Social Security early to get it before it’s gone?
- How will I be able to afford health care costs once I’m in Medicare?
The results of her exploration and experiences are captured in her books and long-running blog as well as in every article she writes and every presentation or workshop she delivers. Retirement is not just a business for Marcia, it’s a passion.
She is a graduate of the University of Rochester and holds several professional designations:
- Retirement Management Advisor (RMA®) designation
- National Social Security Advisor® (NSSA) certification
- Accident & Health Insurance Producers License, issued in MA
She is an active member of the Investments & Wealth Institute (formerly IMCA), where she lends her expertise to developing curriculum and training the next generation of RMAs.
Marcia’s Professional Designations
Marcia Mantell earned the RMA®, Retirement Management Advisor, designation with the first class of financial professionals in 2008. She re-certified in 2015.
Marcia also holds the NSSA®, National Social Security Advisor, professional designation. She earned this accredited certification in 2017 to formalize her Social Security knowledge.
In 2022, Marcia added a Health Insurance License to her professional development certifications. While she does not sell any insurance products, the background and updates are important in her role as a consumer advocate in making Medicare decisions.
These certifications require the highest standards of excellence, continuing education, and ethics to maintain.
Marcia and her college-sweetheart husband, Dan Mantell, raised their two amazing daughters in the suburbs of Boston, teaching them from a young age how important it is to save for retirement and to build financial independence. They are all big University of Minnesota Golden Gopher fans. She is an active member of her community, dedicating time to her town as an election worker. She chairs the University of Rochester’s New England Women’s Network. Between cats and dogs, she’s definitely on team cat.
Boomer Retirement Briefs Blog
BoomerRetirementBriefs.com is where readers go for fun ideas and new ways of thinking about retirement.
As an author, speaker, and presenter, Marcia meets so many interesting people at different stages of retirement. She is always fascinated with their innovative ideas and inspired approaches.
Flip through the blog posts and you’ll find:
- Fun stories about real Boomers redesigning their retirements.
- Technical “retirement stuff” in plain language and loaded with examples.
- Facts and stats plus current information about Social Security.
- Newsy and noteworthy updates and important information on Medicare and HSAs.
- Lots of free resources to download and use.